Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What can go wrong in meditation? { From Interview with Torkom Sarydarian

Q: What can go wrong in meditation?
A: Meditation is a method that is most misunderstood. Real meditation is EXPANDING YOUR CONSCIOSNESS. I have brought many meditation teachers here, and I exposed them. I told them their meditation was leading people into psychological sickness. If you do not do right meditation, you are endangering your life.
Take, for example, chanting meditation, chanting of mantrams. These make you attracted to your subconscious urges and drives. And eventually when your subconscious erupts from the storage of all your experiences, suddenly it surfaces in your mind to such a degree that you cannot control it.
In my book Psyche and Psychism, for the first time in the history of meditation, I proclaimed that meditation is a very dangerous business, if you don’t know what you are doing, because meditation creates the state of consciousness that reflects yourself - your nature and relationships. If you have a wrong state of relationships, you a have a wrong life. So I wrote 40 pages on it; then I wrote another article. These writings are going all over the world, and these people who are doing monkey meditation are stopping.
Today an Armenian girl came here, and this girl had done all kinds of meditation. She came here half out of her mind. I told her to stop meditating, reading until her nervous system finds its natural state, and then we will give her a meditation that will bring her health and sanity back.
Well, I wrote a technical book on meditation, and every creative person must read these writings because I think you are handling a great responsibility and affecting the consciousness of the public. I know that thousands of people practice unhealthy meditation. They write to me, call me, and I told
them this kind of meditation is wrong. But they are so brainwashed with various methods that it is difficult to reach them if you are not close to them. Because of this, I wrote why we must be so selective and discriminating, about what we are doing mentally.


WATCH YOUR BREATH.
Enter in Thoughtless Stage.
Be Silent & Alert.

By Pyramid Meditation Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment